Search for content in message boards

Elmer C Barger/Clarion/Clearfield PA

Elmer C Barger/Clarion/Clearfield PA

Posted: 13 Oct 2002 6:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Oct 2006 11:33PM GMT
Surnames: Barger/Young/Bailey/Beer/Whimir/Black
I looking for any inforamtion on the Barger family.
Allice Ella nee Beer d/o George Beer and Lucy, married Elmer C Barger and they had a daughter by the name of Wanda. Wanda died before her mother. In 1930 they resided in Oil City, Venango Co., PA.
I would like to find who Elmer Barger's parents and siblings.
Thank you.

Re: Elmer C Barger/Clarion/Clearfield PA

Posted: 8 Nov 2002 7:23PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jan 2004 9:44PM GMT
Surnames: Barger
I'm researching the family of my paternal grandmother (Lillian McKay, ne. Barger) who lived in western Pennsylvania (Clearfield & Centre Counties) during the second half of the 19th Century and early 20th. Her father, Reuben F Barger, died in Lumber City, Pa at the age of 59 and was burried in Church Hill Methodist Cementary, Reedsville sometime between 1904 and 1917. Reuben was a member of the Church Hill Methodist Church, was formerly employed at the James H Mann Axe Factory in Yeagertown and in his later years ran a grocery store in Lumber City. I know nothing of Rueben's first wife, my great grandmother who died some years earlier than Reuben.

Reuben had nine sibblings: E B Barger & Miss Allice Barger(both of Philadelphia), Charles Keller (York), William Barger (Glassport), Mrs William Buchanin (Lebonon), Mrs William Hornyer & Mrs Carrie Falkenhagen (both of Buffalo, NY) & Mrs Fred Beaudette & Mrs Joseph Richards (all of Lewistown).

Reuben married his second wife, ? ne. Kizzah-Newcomer and together they raised her six children from a former marriage.

Besides my grandmother, Lillian, Reuben had three other children: Orville Barger who served in the U S Army during the Spanish American War, George (Yeagertown), and Mrs Thomas Tulley (Burnham).

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who could shed light on my family.

Re: Elmer C Barger/Clarion/Clearfield PA

Posted: 21 Jun 2008 12:50PM GMT
Surnames: BARGER BEER WHITMORE BOLTON
I have this in my database, if interested in more contact me
Gene Wilson

Descendants of George Beer

1 George Beer b: Bet. 1825 - 1845
.. +Lucy Whitmore b: Bet. 1825 - 1845
....... 2 Elizabeth Alice Beer b: 1865 in Pennsylvania, USA d: Bet. 1891 - 1959
........... +Thomas Elmer Ellsworth Barger b: 1864 in Armstrong Co, Pennsylvania, USA d: Bet. 1891 - 1955 Father: John Barger Mother: Hannah Bolton
................ 3 Wyona (Wanda) Barger b: 1887

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Privacy | Terms and Conditions