Search for content in message boards

RUSSELL & BROSSMAN in Berks Co. PA

RUSSELL & BROSSMAN in Berks Co. PA

Darlene Yohe (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: RUSSELL, BROSSMAN, PUTT, BOLLER, WEAVER, LANIUS, REIDENAUER, JEUNER, BUSSICK, ALEXANDER, BRADLEY, COX, SMEDLEY, MORRIS, SHEAFFER, KEEL, YOHE, KITNER, BENDER, FOOSE, GARDNER, HORTON, WAITE, WEIGHT, STEVENS, WRIGHTSTONE, KALGREN
Recently I received the following information via a relation from a Russell genealogist, George Ely Russell. I was wondering if anyone has this Brossman connection in Berks Co. PA.

My 5th great grandmother is "Margaret" Anna Margaretha Brossman, also referred to as "Maria Margaret", and "Peggy", born Abt. 1734, probably in Berks Co, PA where some of her children were baptized. She married Abt. 1753 "Jacob Russell" Hans Jacob Rosell, baptized 3/16/1727-8 of Hefertschweil, immigrated 5/1/1743 from Obermettmenstetten to Berks Co. PA, the family later moved to near Keedysville,Washington Co.MD, where they had bought land in 1762.

Three of their children who were baptized in Berks Co:

(1.) "Jacob" John Jacob Jr Russell baptized 6/2/1754 by the Reverend H. W. Stoy at Trinity Tulpehocken Reformed Church, sponsors: Jacob Gasser, Maria Elizabeth Lesch (in present Jackson Twp, Lebanon Co. PA)

(2.) George Russell baptized 5/8/1757 at Stouchsburg Christ Lutheran Church sponsors: George Hollstein, Catherina Brossman (in present Marion Twp, Berks Co, PA). Bef.1790 George founded Russellville in Hopewell Twp., Huntingdon Co., PA.

(3.) Sarah Russell, also called Sallm(a), Maria Salome/Salley/Sally Rossel, baptized 6/7/1761 by Rev. H. W. Stoy at Trinity Tulpehocken Reformed Church, sponsors: Francis Brossman and wife Maria Salome

Other Berks Co. related information:
"At the auction sale at Tulpehocken of the estate of Henry Boyer on 13-14 April 1757, Jacob Rosel paid almost 2 pounds for a piece of barchet. Jacob Rosell’s name appeared on the list of taxables in Heidelberg Township, Berks County, for 1758. At Trinity Tulpehocken Reformed Church on 29 June 1760, Jacob Rossel and wife Margaret sponsored the baptism by the Rev. J. William Otterbein of John, son of Jacob Gassert. Rosell was naturalized at Tulpehocken on 11 April 1763."

Yoe/Yohe family

B. Snyder (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Yoe, Snyder, Morris, Jones, Eberle, Spatz
I am related to Yoe/Yohe's in York County, Pa. Especially in the town of Yoe,Pa. Are you related to these families?
Posted: 16 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2001 9:55AM GMT
Surnames: KEEL, LINDNER, HARMER
Please see my biography & bible records at this web site.
You mentioned a KEEL in your surnames list, and I have tried to contact you by Email with no success. Can you tell me the connection to the Keel surname?

Looking for Cox & Gentzler families

Posted: 19 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Dec 2001 9:28PM GMT
Surnames: Cox, Gentzler
My grandfather was Perrian Spiller Cox; his father was Joseph Henry Cox. Grandps's brothers were; Benjamine Franklin; Charles Alireder & Nouel Cox. My Grandma's dad was Jacob Harbold (Harbol) Gentzler, who was born in Harrisburg, Pa. I'm looking for their ancestors as I don't have anymore information & all the family is gone so can't get any from them. I am new at this but trying to do my best. All help appreciated. Thanks.

cox family

DENISE GREGORY (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: cox, fox
can you tell me more about your cox family in penn. we have always understood our ancestors the cox family were penn. dutch. the oldest one we know of is George w. cox spouse unknown. who had a son John franklin cox who married fannie e. fox. they lived in cambria and blair co. in pn. there parents were both born in pn. but these people are only back to the mid 1800's . I would have to look up the exact date of john but his son drew was born in 1901 in pittsburg, does this seem to be in your line we are really stuck.

Wrighstone

Amy Wrightstone (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: Wrightstone, Frock, Arnold
hi I am interest in any information that you have on the Wrightstones

Wrightstone

Darlene Yohe (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
I'm sorry Amy, my e-mail got bounced back by AOL.

Re: Yoe/Yohe family

Posted: 27 Aug 2001 12:51PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2002 1:22AM GMT
My address is now darleneyohe@yahoo.com
All the area Yohe/Yoh/Yoe families are more than likely related, we just don't know all the connections yet. We live nearby. Someone told me that the town of Yoe was named after the founder's wife's maiden name, because there were too many Elizabethtown's.

Re: RUSSELL & BROSSMAN in Berks Co. PA

Posted: 27 Aug 2001 1:57PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2002 1:22AM GMT
My address is now darleneyohe@yahoo.com

My ancester "Margaret" Anna Margaretha Brossman, also referred to as "Maria Margaret" or "Peggy", was born c1733 in Waldangelloch Pr, Heidelburg, Baden,Germany, she immigrated 9/3/1739 on the ship Friendship with her parents and siblings; she was bapt. 5/14/1749 at Christ Lutheran Church, Stouchsburg, Berks Co,PA.
She was the daughter of "Frantz" R. Francis Brossman (bapt. 9/4/1693 Waldangellock, Kreichgau, Germany)and "Anna" Clara Elisabetha RUDOLPH (Bapt 3/11/1700, Waldangellock, Kreichgau,Germany). They were married June 6, 1724 in Waldangelloch Pr, Heidelburg, Baden, Germany.

Her siblings are:
(1) Anna Maria "Magdalena" Brossman (b.c1722) married April 19,1743 to Johannes Nicholas "Claus" Kistler (b.c1722 Germany) who immigrated 10/5/1737 on the Ship Townsend, the same voyage as my husband's ancestor Georg Joh/Yoh
(2) Frantz Sebastian Brossman (b.Aug 28,1728) married c1760 to "Salome" Maria Saloma Renner (b.c1735), possible dau. of Hans Conrad Renner (of Dannstadt, Germany) & Anna Maria Werrina Becker who immigrated from Dannstadt, Pfalz, Germany
(3) Maria Appolonia Brossman (b.May 19,1730) married 1750 to Balthazer/Balthaser Umbenhauer (b.Feb 19,1729/30) son of Stephanus Umbenhauer who probably immigrated from Berne, Switzerland
(4) Justina Christina Brossman (b.c1738) married Jacob Mueller\Miller (b.Nov 9,1733)
(5) "John" Johannes Brossman (b.1739) married c1763 to Anna Maria Heilman (bapt.Aug 10,1742) dau of John Heilmann (b.Beerbach, Wilnsdorf, Siegen, Germany) & Anna Maria Werrina Becker who immigrated from Dannstadt, Pfalz, Germany
(6) "Catherine" Eva Catharina Brossman (b.1728) married 1744 to "Henry" Johan Heinrich Kettner (b.Feb 7,1722/23 Waldaugellogh Elsens, Baden, Wuerttemberg, Germany/Prussia) immigrated 10/11/1733 with his parents & siblings on the Charming Betty, son of "John" Johan Kettner & Feronica/Veronica Burkhart, who are also my husband's ancestors.

Re: Yoe/Yohe family

Barbara Yohe (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2001 2:36PM GMT
I married into the Yohe family of Perry County, Pa. My husbands Grandfather was Joseph A Yohe of New Bloomfield, Pa area. His son is Joseph W Yohe of Marysville, Pa area. Joseph A had a horse farm and had the live ponies at the area amusment parks at one time. Any info you may have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

© 1997-2014 AncestryPrivacyTerms and Conditions